There are several ways to purchase your MARC Train or Commuter Bus ticket:
MTA CharmPass - purchase and use your ticket right on your mobile device!
MARC ticket vending machines - accepts all major credit and debit cards and, with pre-registration, WMATA SmartBenefits. Some machines accept cash (noted with a * below)
- All three lines: Washington Union Station*
- Penn Line: New Carrollton*, Bowie State University*, Odenton, BWI Airport Rail Station*, Halethorpe, West Baltimore*, Baltimore Penn Station*, Martin Airport, Edgewood, Aberdeen*, Perryville
- Camden Line: College Park*, Laurel, Savage, Dorsey, Camden Yards*
- Brunswick Line: Silver Spring, Kensington, Rockville, Gaithersburg, Metropolitan Grove, Germantown, Point of Rocks, Monocacy, Brunswick, Martinsburg
CommuterDirect or Amtrak ticket agents - accepts all major credit and debit cards and Commuter Choice Maryland vouchers. Amtrak ticket agents do not accept credit cards and also do not sell Commuter Bus tickets. Click here for a list of CommuterDirect locations. Amtrak ticket agents are available at:
- Baltimore Penn Station, 1500 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD -- Daily 5:30am-9:30pm.
- BWI Rail Station, 7 Amtrak Way, Linthicum, MD -- Daily 5:30am-9:30pm.
- New Carrollton, 4300 Garden City Drive, New Carrollton, MD -- Monday through Friday, 5:15am-9:00pm.
- Washington Union Station, Massachusetts Ave. and First St. NE, Washington, DC -- Daily 5:30am-10:30pm.
- Self Service ticket machines also available for MARC and Commuter Bus tickets.
On board the train or bus from the Conductor or driver. Only one way tickets are sold on board and with cash only, no bills larger than $20 are accepted. On MARC Train, there is a $5 surcharge to the fare if you board at a station with either a ticket machine or ticket agent.