What is the "R" schedule? This is a reduced level of service operated on selected holidays and during inclement weather conditions. Only trains with an "R" under the train number in the Camden and Penn Line timetables and Brunswick Line trains listed in the special grid on the right side of the timetable will operate. In addition, some trains will make additional stops when operating on the "R" schedule as noted in the timetable grid. Please note that the "R" schedule replaces the former "S" schedule and that there have been changes made to which trains operate on this reduced service schedule. Carefully review the timetables to ensure that the train you want to ride is operating.
Effective Monday, November 2, 2020 and until further notice, all three MARC lines will operate an "Enhanced R" schedule due to the Covid-19 coronavirus pandemic. Full information is available on our Coronavirus webpage.
The following is the MARC Train holiday operational schedule for 2021:
- Presidents Day (February 16) - Enhanced R schedule on all three lines, except Brunswick Line trains 872 and 877 will not operate.
- Easter Day (April 4) - Reguarly-scheduled Penn Line Sunday service.
- Memorial Day (May 31) - No MARC Train Service
- Independance Day weekend (July 3-5) - To be determined, information will be updated in Spring 2021
- Labor Day (September 6) - No MARC Train service
- Columbus Day (October 11) - R schedule on all three lines
- Veterans Day (November 11) - R schedule on all three lines
- Thanksgiving Day (November 25) - No MARC Train service
- Day after Thanksgiving (November 26) - To be determined, information will be updated in Fall 2021
- Christmas and New Years Holiday period - To be determined, information will be updated in Fall 2021
Please note: MARC Train Service reserves the right to modify the above service and non-service dates. Advanced notification will be provided and this website will be updated.