FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Fast, Convenient MARC Penn Line Service Allows Baseball Fans
to Enjoy World Series Games 3, 4, and 5 (if needed) in the Nation’s Capital
BALTIMORE, MD (October 22, 2019) – With World Series baseball returning to Washington D.C. after an 86-year absence, the Maryland Department of Transportation Maryland Transit Administration (MDOT MTA) encourages baseball fans to take public transportation to all the fun and excitement of Games 3, 4, and 5 (if needed).
“The Washington Nationals are in the World Series for the first time in franchise history, and this is the first World Series to be played in Washington since 1933,” said Dean Del Peschio, MDOT MTA’s director of MARC Train. “MARC is pleased to offer additional rail service after the end of scheduled daily service, so Nationals fans can enjoy the games in full and be a part of baseball history.”
MARC Train’s Penn Line service enables riders to fully enjoy the experience by providing safe, reliable and affordable transportation to the action when the National League champion Washington Nationals play the American League champion Houston Astros.
World Series MARC Service:
- Passengers traveling to Games 3, 4, and 5 (if needed) can ride regularly-scheduled southbound service to Washington, D.C.
- The last scheduled northbound train will depart Washington on-time (10:55 p.m. Friday, 10:45 p.m. Saturday and 7:40 p.m. Sunday.)
- The World Series Special trains will depart for Union Station in Washington one hour after the last out is made for Games 3, 4, and 5.
- If there is a Game 5 Sunday that goes extremely late, the Special train will leave Washington no later than 3 a.m. to ensure train availability for the Monday morning rush-hour service.
- If the World Series ends in either games 4 or 5, the Special train will depart Washington one hour after the end of the trophy presentation ceremony.
All passengers must be in possession of a valid ticket to ride MARC Train. Monthly and weekly passes will be honored. Tickets will be collected or inspected as passengers board the Nationals World Series Special at Union Station and passengers without a ticket will be directed to the ticket machines inside Union Station or may use CharmPass, our mobile ticketing app, to purchase a ticket.
MDOT MTA is one of the largest multi-modal transit systems in the United States. MDOT MTA operates LocalLink and commuter buses, Light RailLink, Metro SubwayLink, Maryland Area Regional Commuter (MARC) Train service and a comprehensive Mobility (paratransit) system. MDOT MTA’s goal is to provide safe, efficient and reliable transit across Maryland with world-class customer service. To learn more, visit mdot.maryland.gov or mta.maryland.gov, check us out on Facebook at facebook.com/mtamaryland and follow us on Twitter @mtamaryland.