The MARC Laurel station will be closed from August 21 to October 29 for major construction work. Both platforms at the station will be completely. replaced. The project is being undertaken to optimize safety for riders both during and after construction, with passenger convenience a primary consideration in scheduling the work to proceed simultaneously on both platforms. While this approach necessitates the temporary closing of the station, it will enable the station to return to full service in less than half the time it would take to repair one platform at a time.
Several alternate travel options are available for MARC Train customers during the Laurel Station closure:
- Drive to other Camden Line stations: Muirkirk (4.4 miles), Savage (4.3 miles)
- Tickets to/from Laurel are the same value as Muirkirk and Savage so there is no additional cost. Ample, free parking available at both stations
- Drive to a Penn Line station: Odenton (8.6 miles) or Bowie State University (8.9 miles)
- Camden Line tickets are always honored for travel on the Penn Line. Ample, free parking available at both stations
- MTA Commuter Bus Route 305 and Route 315 from Scaggsville and Burtonsville Park and Ride lots into Washington
- Commuter Bus Routes 305 and 315 will honor MARC tickets during the station closure.
- WMATA Bus 89M service stops at several locations in and around downtown Laurel (a circle of Route 1/Baltimore Avenue, Main Street, and 7th Street) to the Greenbelt Metro and MARC station.
- WMATA buses honor MARC weekly and monthly passes. Riders can transfer to a Camden Line train or Washington Metrorail at Greenbelt (payment of appropriate WMATA Metrorail fare required).
- RTA Route 409 from a stop along Route 1/Baltimore Avenue at the Laurel MARC station to Savage MARC station.
- Riders can transfer to a Camden Line train at Savage. Use the link above and click on Route 409, Googling "RTA Route 409" will link to an out of date schedule.
We regret any inconvenience this closure causes and thank you for your patience while we perform essential work on this station.