MDOT MTA, in partnership with the Baltimore City Department of Transportation, is planning targeted investments to make bus service on Garrison Boulevard, Bloomingdale Road, and Poplar Grove Street faster, more convenient, and safer. This virtual open house presents the same information shown by MDOT MTA at the December 12th open house, held at the Walbrook library. Overview information is at the top of this page. Scroll down to find segment maps that link to concept proposals for each segments, as well as links to provide comments on each segment.
- Installing lighting, new or improved crosswalks, and other enhancements for safety and security limitations.
- Removing barriers to bus stop access for riders with physical, emotional or cognitive limitations.
- Constructing shelters to shield riders from rain, snow, and sun.
- "Bulbing out" the bus stop boarding area into the roadway so that buses can stop in the travel lane instead of pulling out of traffic.
- Consolidating closely spaced or rarely used stops.
- Shifting the location of some bus stops to the far side of an intersection, so that the bus moves through the intersection then pulls over to the bus stop.
How To Comment
MDOT MTA welcomes your feedback.
To learn more about each segment, click on these links to view a hi-res map with proposed changes.
The formal comment period for this phase has closed, but comments about the corridor may always be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.