MARC Penn Line November 12 schedule change
There will be a MARC Penn Line weekday schedule change effective Monday, November 12. Weekend schedules will also change, effective Saturday, November 17. Amtrak trackwork for the 2018 construction season will be completed. We appreciate your patience and understanding as this necessary work took place.
Passengers should download a copy of the new schedule (Full timetable / Printable-Mobile device weekday / Printable-Mobile device weekend) and carefully review departure times from your station. This schedule change includes trains that depart earlier and numerous minor adjustments to train departure times at intermediate stations. Printed copies will be available in the stations at Union Station, New Carrollton, Odenton, BWI Rail Station, Penn Station, and the four stops north of Baltimore by November 5.
The Penn Line will operate on the "R" schedule on November 12, Veteran's Day-Observed. Only trains with an "R" under the train number in the timetable will operate. The first full service day of this new schedule will be Tuesday, November 13.
As promised to our customers before the trackwork began, the following trains will return to their pre-trackwork schedules:
- Train 511 (currently the 5:25am departure from Perryville) will return to its former departure time of 5:45am from Perryville and depart all stations between Perryville and Martin Airport 20 minutes later.
- Train 421 (currently the 8:25am departure from Penn Station) will return to its former departure time of 8:10am and depart all stations 15 minutes earlier
- Train 410 (currently the 7:26am departure from Union Station) will return to its former departure time of 7:10am and depart all stations 16 minutes earlier
- Train 520 (currently the 12:10pm departure from Union Station) will return to its former departure time of 12:20pm and depart all stations to Baltimore 10 minutes later.
- Train 446 (currently the 7:05pm departure from Union Station) will return to its former departure time of 6:50pm and depart all stations 15 minutes earlier.
- Train 448 (currently the 8:02pm departure from Union Station) will return to its former departure time of 7:50pm and depart all stations 12 minutes earlier
In response to customer requests, the following changes will also take place:
- Morning northbound Trains 400, 502, and 410 will add stops at West Baltimore. Passengers traveling to West Baltimore in the morning from Washington will no longer have to ride into Penn Station then return on a southbound train. This will also improve connectivity to BaltimoreLink bus service.
- Effective November 26, Martin Airport passengers will be able to ride what has been an equipment positioning move to get to Penn Station earlier. Train 613 will depart Martin Airport at 5:35am and arrive at Penn Station at 5:51am, in time for passengers to transfer to Train 409 (6:15am departure from Penn Station)
Other significant weekday changes:
- All southbound trains at New Carrollton (except for Train 453) and all northbound trains at West Baltimore (except for Trains 520, 544, and 548) will be "L" stops. This means that the train stops primarily to discharge passengers and may depart up to five minutes ahead of schedule.
- Train 407 (currently the 5:50am departure from Penn Station) will depart Baltimore and all stops to Washington five minutes earlier.
- Train 423 (currently the 9:00am departure from Penn Station) will depart Baltimore ten minutes earlier and will not stop at Seabrook.
- Train 525 (currently the 8:35am departure from Perryville) will depart Perryville, Aberdeen, Edgewood, and Martin Airport five minutes earlier, then depart Baltimore at 9:15am (11 minutes earlier) and continue to all stations to Washington 11 minutes earlier.
- Train 641 will continue to depart Martin Airport at 3:53pm, however it will depart Baltimore and all scheduled stops en route to Washington five minutes earlier.
- Train 453 (currently the 9:30pm departure from Penn Station) will depart Baltimore and all scheduled stops en route to Washington five minutes earlier.
- Train 400 (currently the 5:50am departure from Union Station) will depart Washington and all stops en route to Baltimore ten minutes earlier and will add a stop at West Baltimore.
- Train 408 (currently the 7:20am non-stop express to Baltimore) will depart Washington 15 minutes earlier
- Train 610 (currently the 8:00am departure from Union Station) will depart Washington ten minutes earlier. It will no longer stop at Seabrook and operate 13-14 minutes earlier at all stops Bowie-Baltimore.
- Train 426 (currently the 3:26pm departure from Union Station) will depart Washington three minutes earlier.
Significant weekend service changes:
- The weekend schedule has been standardized and merged into one grid. Be sure to identify trains which operate only on Saturday or Sunday in the row under the train number.
- Saturday Train 688 (currently the 4:20pm departure from Union Station) will depart 50 minutes earlier, in response to customer feedback for an earlier afternoon departure.
- The last departure from Baltimore on Sunday is now 6:00pm (30 minutes later) and the last departure from Washington is now 7:30pm (15 minutes later), both in response to customer feedback.
- Many trains have adjusted departure times - either earlier or later - so please carefully review the timetable.
Again, please obtain a copy of the schedule either online at the links provide above or at a station. Thank you for riding MARC Train.