As part of the proposal, MDOT MTA is also seeking to eliminate an existing 60-cent fare surcharge for Express BusLink service and add two new fare options for customers.
New three-day and 10-day fare passes would help accommodate riders' flexible commute and travel patterns and would be available for Local Bus, Light Rail, Metro Subway, Commuter Bus and MARC Train. The three-day and 10-day passes (six-trip and 20-trip for MARC and Commuter Bus) would be available through the CharmPass app, could be used on consecutive or non-consecutive days and would be valid for up to 12 months after the date of purchase.
The proposal is part of MDOT MTA's commitment to prioritize equitable access to transit service while improving reliability. The changes are proposed to go into effect Sunday, August 29, 2021, after series of public hearings and a 30-day public review and comment period. New fare products may be implemented prior to August 29.
MDOT MTA will hold four virtual public hearings on the proposed changes between Saturday, May 22 and Tuesday, May 25, and will accept public comments through June 25, 2021.
Riders and others can visit mta.maryland.gov/fall2021 for dates, times and information about how to participate in a public hearing. The website also includes the complete list of proposed service modifications and information on the various ways to submit a comment.
The service change proposal will also be available in the lobby of MDOT MTA headquarters at 6 St. Paul St., Baltimore, MD. Riders needing additional information can call the Transit Information Contact Center at 410-539-5000.
- 201: GAITHERSBURG - BWI BUSINESS DIST
- 203: COLUMBIA - BETHESDA
- 204: FREDERICK - COLLEGE PARK
- 210: KENT ISLAND - ANNAPOLIS/BALTIMORE
- 215: BALTIMORE - ANNAPOLIS
- 220: ANNAPOLIS - WASHINGTON DC
- 230: SEVERNA PARK & ANNAPOLIS - DC
- 240: KENT ISLAND - WASHINGTON DC
- 250: KENT ISLAND & DAVIDSONVILLE - DC
- 260: SEVERNA PARK & DAVIDSONVILLE - DC
- 305: COLUMBIA & SILVER SPRING - DC
- 310: COLUMBIA - BALTIMORE
- 315: COLUMBIA & SILVER SPRING - DC
- 320: LAUREL - BALTIMORE
- 325: COLUMBIA & SILVER SPRING - DC
- 335: CLARKSVILLE & COLUMBIA - DC
- 345: ELLICOTT CITY & COLUMBIA - DC
- 410: CHURCHVILLE - BALTIMORE
- 411: HICKORY - HOPKINS HOSPITAL
- 420: HAVRE DE GRACE - HOPKINS
- 505: HAGERSTOWN-SHADY GROVE/ROCK SPRING
- 515: FREDERICK - SHADY GROVE/ROCK SPRING
- 610: WALDORF - WASHINGTON DC
- 620: WALDORF - WASHINGTON DC
- 630: LA PLATA/WALDORF - WASHINGTON DC
- 640: WALDORF & ACCOKEEK - WASHINGTON DC
- 650: LA PLATA - WALDORF & ACCOKEEK - DC
- 705: CHARLOTTE HALL/WALDORF - DC
- 715: CHARLOTTE HALL/WALDORF - DC
- 725: CALIFORNIA/CHARLOTTE HALL - DC
- 735: CHARLOTTE HALL/WALDORF - DC
- 810: PINDELL - WASHINGTON DC
- 820: NORTH BEACH/PG EQUESTRIAN CTR - DC
- 830: SUNDERLAND / DUNKIRK - DC
- 840: ST LEONARD / PRINCE FREDERICK - DC
- 850: PR FREDERICK/DUNKIRK - SUITLAND/DC